Stop Google Maps Collecting Location Data
Open the Google Maps application and tap the hamburger symbol inside the search bar at the left. In the route drawer that opens, look to the exceptionally base and tap ‘Settings’.
On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap ‘About, terms &
privacy’. On the ‘About, terms & privacy’ screen, tap the ‘Location
data collection’ option. Turn the Location data collection switch off on
the following screen to stop Google Maps collecting location data from
will stop Google Maps from collecting any further data from your device
however, the data that has already been collected isn’t going anywhere.
Google has it and we can only hope it will use it for good.
You might think you’re not affected by this or perhaps you’re
wondering how this can happen since iOS tells you when an app is
actively using your location. Google Maps is not accessing your location
while running in the background. If it were, you’d see a blue bar at
the top of your iPhone telling you that your location was in use. There
is simply no way around that. What ‘Location data collection’ does is
that it collects your data while you use Google Maps. This can include,
but is not limited to, alternative routes you might take to the ones
that Google Maps suggests, or establishments that you might visit from
the suggested ones nearby. The app says it’s anonymous data but that
doesn’t justify collecting it without your permission.
Delete Google Location Data
If you don’t feel like sharing the anonymous data, you can turn it off but if you also want to delete location data,
you can. The process is pretty simple but it’s time consuming because
you have to manually scan which dates there is saved data for, and then
delete the entry for each day one at a time. Simply head over to your location timeline and delete the data you don’t want Google Maps to have.
- Am a cool web designer, passionate blogger and also an electrical engineer in the making. I love technology and love to provide information about it.
- 2018.06.19Browsing TipsIntroducing the new Glo Yakata | Get free 6GB data on Glo Yakata | How to migrate to Glo yakata & Check Bonus Balance and limitations of glo yakata
- 2018.05.27Make money online5 Legal Ways you can Make Money Online.
- 2018.05.14How ToHow To Successfully Make Your Website Or Blog To display on Opera mini News Feed
- 2018.05.07Blogging TutorialsHow to add Audio Files to Posts in Blogger